Germany says 10 European countries have agreed to take 400 unaccompanied minors who fled Greece’s largest migrant camp when it was gutted by fire.
Most will go to Germany and France, Interior Minister Horst Seehofer told reporters on Friday.
Close to 13,000 people had been living in squalor in the Moria camp on Lesbos.
Families have been sleeping in fields and on roads after fleeing the blaze on Wednesday, as authorities struggle to find accommodation for them.
Near the ruins of Moria, residents of the island blocked roads to stop charities from delivering aid and said they were against the construction of new tents.
But the Greek military later used helicopters to reach the site and have begun setting up replacement accommodation.
After visiting the area, European Commission Vice-President Margaritis Schinas announced that the devastated camp would be replaced by a modern facility at the same location.
The Moria camp was initially designed to house 3,000 migrants. People from 70 countries had been sheltered there, most from Afghanistan.
At the scene
By Bethany Bell, BBC News, Lesbos
Migrants from the burnt-out Moria camp are staging a protest in front of the police barriers which prevent them from moving to other parts of the island.
Singing and banging plastic bottles, they march up and down a stretch of coastal road, calling for the right to leave Lesbos.
One person carried a large piece of cardboard emblazoned with the message: “We don’t want food, we want freedom.” Another banner read: “Moria kills all lives”.
Many local Greeks too want the migrants to leave the island.
They strongly oppose plans to rebuild a temporary camp. Sanitary conditions are grim. There’s little running water, and washing is difficult.
“Now is the time to…