A water main break is causing low or no water pressure in the affected areas.
EAST POINT, Ga. —
Some residents and businesses in East Point are under a boil water advisory after a water main break. The City of East Point said the areas of Camp Creek Pkwy, Welcome All Road and Old Fairburn Roads are under the advisory.
“The level of water in the system will drop to dangerously low levels. When this occurs a potential health, hazard may exist in these areas of zero pressure from backflow and/or back-siphonage of water of unknown quality into the water distribution system,” the notice said.
A boil water advisory means people should boil all water before drinking, cooking, or preparing baby food.
However, those residents and businesses may have low or no water pressure because of the 12-inch water main break at Welcome All Road.
To help, the city has placed emergency water tanks at Lakeside Preserve and Heritage Park Subdivisions.
For questions and/or concerns please contact the City of East Point Water Department at (470) 214-2220.
Here’s what you should do during a boil water advisory, according to the CDC:
• Fill a pot with water.
• Heat the water until bubbles come from the bottom of the pot to the top.
• Once the water reaches a rolling boil, let it boil for 1 minute.
• Turn off the heat source and let the water cool.
• Pour the water into a clean container with a cover for storage.
If you are unable to boil your water, disinfect it instead.
• Use unscented bleach (bleach that does not have an added scent).
Read more:: East Point under boil water advisory