KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A boil water advisory has been issued for Blue Mound in Linn County.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment issued the advisory Sunday and said it will “remain in effect until the conditions that placed the system at risk of bacterial contamination are resolved,” according to a news release.
A line break that caused a loss of pressure prompted the advisory.
Customers should take the following precautions until the advisory is lifted:
- If tap water is dirty, flush the water lines until it becomes clear.
- Boil water for one minute before drinking or using for food preparation.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from an automatic ice maker.
- Disinfect dishes and food-contact surfaces “by immersion” for at least one minute in a mixture of clean tap water and one teaspoon of unscented bleach per gallon of water.
- Supervise children while they are bathing to ensure water is not ingested.
For more information, visit the KDHE website.
Read more:: KDHE issues boil water advisory in Blue Mound